HP and Siemens expand opportunities for 3D design and additive manufacturing innovation
- Industry leaders expand strategic partnership, extending technology alignment for next-generation products that are 3D printed in full color
- Expansion of Siemens’ additive design and manufacturing software to support HP’s new full-color 3D printers
- HP Jet Fusion 3D 300/500 series enables concept prototyping as well as short-run production for end-use products
- Addition of HP Multi Jet Fusion 3D printing technology to Siemens’ Additive Manufacturing Experience Center in Erlangen, Germany
Today at Siemens PLM Connection Americas 2018, one of the largest events for Siemens’ PLM software users, HP Inc. and Siemens expanded their longstanding collaboration to enable even more advanced functionality across a broader set of Siemens PLM software to change the way users can design and manufacture with HP’s Multi Jet Fusion 3D printing technology.
Siemens’ NX and Solid Edge Software deliver support for Full-Color 3D Printing Capabilities through HP Multi Jet Fusion
With the latest releases, Siemens, a leader in digital innovation software, and HP, the global industry leader in 3D printing, will enable users of Siemens’ NX software and Solid Edge software to design and produce full color 3D-printed parts. HP’s Jet Fusion 3D 300/500 series is the industry’s first 3D printing solution for the production of engineering-grade, functional parts in full color, black or white – with voxel-level control – in a fraction of the time of other solutions. The Jet Fusion 3D 300/500 series also supports the leading color file formats including 3MF, enabling designers to easily produce the color parts they want with a reliable workflow. Users taking advantage of NX and Solid Edge for HP’s Multi Jet Fusion technology will have access to 3MF files ready for HP’s entire portfolio of printers including the industrial-grade HP Jet Fusion 4200/4210 and 300/500 solutions.
– Our users will now be able to apply the power and flexibility of Siemens’ NX and Solid Edge product design software to HP’s groundbreaking 3D printing technology, opening a world of new design possibilities with the availability of full-color parts, said Tony Hemmelgarn, president and CEO, Siemens PLM Software. – We share HP’s vision that 3D printing is empowering companies to reinvent their product lifecycles to prosper and thrive in manufacturing’s all-digital future. Expanding our partnership with HP allows us to continue to elevate additive manufacturing for end-use parts at industrial scale.
The combination of the two leading digital manufacturing technologies dramatically expands the potential applications for Siemens’ market-leading digital innovation software and HP’s disruptive Multi Jet Fusion 3D printing technology. Customers will have the ability to quickly and economically prototype and produce new designs and end-part applications with advanced voxel capabilities. In addition, the collaboration creates new opportunities to accelerate the adoption of 3D printing at an industrial scale for customers and partners that participate in Siemens’ Additive Manufacturing Network.
- Adding the full-color capabilities of HP’s expanded Multi Jet Fusion platform to Siemens’ market-leading design and manufacturing solutions creates an immense new set of possibilities for products and applications, said Stephen Nigro, President of 3D Printing, HP Inc.
- It is exciting to deliver the power of our technologies to customers large and small, fundamentally changing the 3D printing end-to-end process, from design to prototyping and ultimately manufacturing. This is another pivotal step not just for our companies, but for the entire global manufacturing ecosystem, as together with Siemens we change the way the world designs and manufactures.
Multi Jet Fusion 3D Technology Showcased in Siemens’ Additive Manufacturing Experience Center
HP’s Multi Jet Fusion 3D printing technology will also be showcased as a foundational 3D printing platform in Siemens’ Additive Manufacturing Experience Center in Erlangen, Germany, which invites customers to discover the latest additive manufacturing technologies and their applications first-hand in a design and manufacturing showroom environment.
Siemens and HP share the objective to accelerate the digital transformation of the manufacturing industry, providing all of the necessary capabilities, from generative design for product innovation through 3D printing for industrial-scale manufacturing. Through generative design, companies can automate innovative designs directly from functional requirements which can result in enhanced functional performance for parts and products. Using HP Multi Jet Fusion technology, companies can manufacture these innovative parts more economically at larger production volume. Together, HP’s 3D printing solutions and Siemens’ technology combine in a single integrated solution that enables businesses to reimagine products, reinvent manufacturing and rethink business models.