- End-to-end digital innovation strategy can help VinFast achieve next generation eScooter and car production
- VinFast to utilize Teamcenter, the Teamcenter product costing solution, Tecnomatix and Siemens’ MES to create a connected digital enterprise
Siemens announced that VinFast, Vietnam’s first volume car manufacturer, has selected a suite of tools from Siemens PLM Software to help realize their plans for next-generation automotive and transportation design. Siemens is providing a digitalization solution across the entire automotive OEM value chain, which can help enable VinFast to meet the company’s goals of creating the first Vietnam-made automobile and eScooter brand, and promote the development of the industrial and manufacturing sector in Vietnam.
VinFast plans to take advantage of a connected digital twin across both design and manufacturing. VinFast plans to use an integrated digital platform including the Teamcenter portfolio for digital lifecycle management, including the Teamcenter solution for product costing to support cost and value engineering, and the Tecnomatix portfolio, the industry-leading digital manufacturing software, combined with combined with Simatic IT UA for Discrete Manufacturing covering the MES (Manufacturing Execution System) layer. Teamcenter connects the digital twin with a consistent digital thread, which can help VinFast increase speed and flexibility in development, optimize manufacturing processes and use the insights gained from product and plant operations to improve future performance.
– Using the combined power of both product lifecycle management and manufacturing operations management technology is a key part of our digitalization journey, said Jason Buxton, chief information officer at VinFast.
– To drive innovation within the automotive industry, it is essential to have the right technology in place. We feel that Siemens’ best-in-class solutions can empower automakers and the vehicle electrification supply chain to reduce development time and deliver high-quality solutions, with the ability to adapt to changes easily at every stage of the process.
VinFast recently announced to the market that the company is also launching the first Vietnamese electric car. Using a connected PLM and MES digital enterprise solution will prove to be critical to achieving this goal. By creating a digital enterprise, VinFast can take advantage of new and disruptive technology across each phase of their operation to reduce cycle time, increase yield and foster new business opportunities.
- Siemens PLM Software is proud to form this excellent partnership with VinFast in the first national car project in Vietnam to help VinFast accelerate its innovation cycle, said Alex Teo, managing director and vice president of Siemens Industry Software for South East Asia.
- – The vast portfolio of Siemens solutions that VinFast plans to deploy is a demonstration of the trust our customers place in our proven capabilities in taking products from the digital world to the real world.